Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Takes a Little Faith

One of the things I love doing is sorting through old things and finding stuff. You never know what kind of treasures live in the dusty notebooks, sketchbooks, journals, or boxes that can fill one's life. So many memories are captured both by the mighty pen and by a single picture. This is one of those such treasures that I love...

"Takes a Little Faith"
You confuse me, abuse me.
Your eyes betray your word
because your emotions are clearly blurred
I lied and said that I see

You smiled and laughed as you took
the kiss that shouldn't be given,
My angel from hell and heaven
and I smiled back with 'that look'

You don't make sense contradicting.
You kiss me with passionate force
telling me now, of course
Never again, which is so afflicting.

Why lie and hurt me so
when I can see what tomorrow brings.
Another day starting with singing
songs that bring me high so I can fall low.

Even though these feelings you fear,
waiting for what is meant to be
because I hope that you look for me.
And I will always be here.

We can fall asleep together
In each others' arms below the setting sun.
You and I, our souls are one
because what this is can be forever.

We just need to avoid speaking our minds
when we should speak from our hearts.
Words filled with enough secenes and parts
to drop your mask so be with me, be the loving kind.

I thought you'd know, be the one to understand.
I thought after all this time you'd begin to see,
how I care and gave you the secret parts of me.
Why can't you accept the kind of guy that I am?

I thought that what we had could last,
I thought that we recognized what we feel,
so all I could do was share what was real,
but you just moved on while I fall on past.

I thought that you wouldn't just use me.
I believed in people and the good of mankind
that's why this is such a confusing state of mind.
But I won't fall to the fear of what could be.

I believe in miracles, the possibilities, you and me.
Why couldn't you just have stopped to believe?

It is a rough peice of work... obviously. I put it aside and I will probably do some revisions and things so if you have any suggestions, critiques, etc. Let me know! It is interesting. I could have been hurt so many times in my life but I choose to just give away my heart instead of asking for it back. Love and lose, because I never had it anyways. I give without price. What a foreign concept to so many people? Freely giving, even with love. Anyways, good times and good people. But ya, I need suggestions, feedback... I NEED HELP! =) I need someone to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment