Friday, August 21, 2009

Not a Believer in Fate

One of the things that I do like I said is write poetry. I have recently returned from a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the wonderful state of Oregon. I saw a lot of miracles while doing it from people overcoming obstacles, rebuilding their lives, and finding a faith in God. But I realized that my part in all of it was to just be there. I did nothing but act as a friend and a gateway for His love to change people if they would accept His message and His Spirit. It was an amazing part of my life...

"You Are Not Your Own"
My feet take His word to His elect
My hands are to lift them to their God above
My knees are to kneel in holy prayer
My eyes are windows to His love

My heart is for understanding His voice
My mouth is to testify to His plan
My love is His to overcome the hardened heart
My life is an instrument in His hands

The time for planting seeds is over
The time for the harvest has begun
Men will continue to search for their God
And they'll find Him before the work is done

Thank God for all His tender mercies
Because without them there would be none
Who could return to live with the Father
If it had not been for the life of the Son

No comments:

Post a Comment