Friday, August 21, 2009

Changes Are Always Hard

So most of these first few posts will be related because our missions are for two years. It is a long time. And it was an interesting experience to say the least. I will probably refer to it from time to time but while I was there, I had a lot of changes that happened around me, within me, through me. Change is the only thing constant in life and I had to just had to let it go and work with it. But it is often not very easy. This was something I wrote when I was learning to let go...



"The Weak Things of the Earth"

No more sight, no more sense

no more strength, no self-control

Without power, without hope

without faith, without soul



Can you see life without purpose?

Can you imagine suffering without end?

Would you make the painful struggle

without a family? Without a friend?



Lost, confused, torn, forgotten

beaten, hated, spit upon

The same day in, day out, and always--

helpless, hopeless, but life goes on



Goes on past the day of tomorrow

past the life that withers gone

But in that day, full of sorrow

He tells the Weak, become the Strong



Become what you once were today--

not the night, but the dawn

Nothing can, nor will, overcome you

for I Am with you all along



Faithfully endure until the promise

obedience to the mark you must do

And if you will but humbly do this--

I will give you all that I am and more to you

No comments:

Post a Comment