Saturday, August 11, 2012

Captain America

One of the best superhero movies ever... Classic! Right up there with Iron Man.

Dr. Abraham Erskine: Yeah. But, there were other effects. The serum was not ready. But more important, the man. The serum amplifies everything that is inside. So, good becomes great. Bad becomes worse. This is why you were chosen. Because a strong man, who has known power all his life, will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion.
Steve Rogers: Thanks. I think.
Dr. Abraham Erskine: Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man.
[Steve holds up his glass to toast]
Steve Rogers: To the little guys.
[just as Steve's about to drink from his glass]
Dr. Abraham Erskine: No! No! Wait! Wait! What I am doing? No! You have a procedure tomorrow. No fluids.
[he pours the contents of Steve's glass into his own]
Steve Rogers: All right. We'll drink it after.
Dr. Abraham Erskine: No! I don't have procedure tomorrow. Drink it after! Drink it now!

Steve Rogers: I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner.
Peggy Carter: Did you have something against running away?
Steve Rogers: You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?
Peggy Carter: I know a little of what that's like. To have every door shut in your face.
Steve Rogers: I guess I just don't why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful...a woman. An agent, not a dame! You are beautiful, but...
Peggy Carter: You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?
Steve Rogers: This is the longest conversation I've had with one. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on.
Peggy Carter: You must have danced?
Steve Rogers: Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. And the past few year just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait.
Peggy Carter: For what?
Steve Rogers: The right partner.

Peggy Carter: Howard has some equipment for you to try. Tomorrow morning?
Steve Rogers: Sounds good.
[Peggy turns her head to listen to the men singing in the bar]
Peggy Carter: I see your top squad is prepping for duty.
Steve Rogers: You don't like music?
Peggy Carter: I do, actually. I might, even when this is all over, go dancing.
James Barnes: Then what are we waiting for?
[looking at Steve]
Peggy Carter: The right partner.
[to Steve]
Peggy Carter: Oh-eight-hundred, Captain.
[she turns to leave]
Steve Rogers: Yes, ma'am. I'll be there.


[referring to the rejection he got from Peggy about going dancing with him]
James Barnes: I'm invisible. I'm...I'm turning into you. It's like some horrible dream.
Steve Rogers: Don't take it so hard. Maybe she's got a friend.

1 comment: