Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Silence Isn't Really So Silent

One thing I never can quite figure out is the idea of silence. Don't get me wrong, I am a good listener and when it is my turn to do so, that person has my undivided attention. But when no one is talking, something always is. There are so many sounds, thoughts, feelings that we consistently listen to all the time. We are always communicating in some way or fashion and I find it a interesting subject. Most of our communication, as a society, isn't so much what we say, but how we say it. Our tone, body language, as a visual society these things typically say much more than our own words do. So I find it interesting that most times our voice is heard not heard so much by someone's ears as much as it is felt in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment