Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's All About Perspective (Novemeber 7, 2006)

I used to be fine when I thought I was doing everything right,
But now I feel weak and empty inside, knowing I did wrong.

My heart was no longer mine and blind was my sight,
Now I’m learning through the pain and it makes me strong.

All my grief had covered my day and turned it into night.
And I realized that I didn’t matter, I was just the pawn.

It still hurts when those thoughts come to mind that I fight,
Still I will get by because He is here and helps me along.

I see that Man is my enemy and He is my one true light,
So I will praise his works in action, word, and in song.

They only see me, but I see Him, His arms 'round me holding tight.
I hear Him, read of Him, love Him, from dusk ‘til dawn.

I can’t trust them anymore ‘cept Christ, He is my strength and my might.
And I will always love her, even though I’m here and she’s gone.

Funny how when things go wrong, you look again, and can make it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment