Friday, August 21, 2009

Praying Upon Our Memories

One of the things I felt on my mission was a sense of love I hadn't had to deal with before. I had always heard that absence makes the hearts grow fonder but I didn't believe it. Now I knew there was something to it. It is definitely an interesting feeling that I can't really describe but I can illustrate in some way through this...

"The Rise and Fall"
As the days of summer come and go
The people will live as life is gone
Going gone into obscurity, until
They are able to move along

Move on past the days that turn
And fall away the memories by
By the wayside, the sun droops down
Painting the dusk in the azure sky

The lessons learned and loves of youth
Stay in the focus of our mind
But moving still forward, to the purpose
Of everything that can be called divine

The Sun has set but will come again
To fill our lives with light anew
Breaking through the dark and clouds
Bringing back all things good and true

Good friends and good times that last
In all the seasons of our lives through
True love, just wait, hold on still
The summer will bring me back to you

He has called and I have answered
To learn to save a soul or two
But True Love, just wait, it it worth it
For the Sun will bring me back to you

No comments:

Post a Comment