Friday, August 21, 2009

"Just a Boy"

One day there was a boy out in darkness
searching for light and truth
He asked the teachers and preachers
but heard nothing of faith, only proof
How do we truly know our elder Brother
and feel His redeeming love?
Where is the faith to ask the question
and receive answers from Heav' above?
So this boy through long hard study
went to ask His Father in prayer
And he was answered in a glorious vision
and to us this day he has shared
I opened my heart aloud in a grove
and my God and His Son I met
They told many things-- where to find the truth
and called me as a prophet
They said that an angel would come
to tell me of a record of gold
And that it would be scripture from the people
who lived here in times of old
They too had the Word and had seen the Savior
who came to teach them truth
And the Spirit does witness to me and to you
and this, that Book, is my proof
If this wasn't enough for the world
the boy would later give his life
And so must we-- lose ours to find them
in this world of evil and strife

No comments:

Post a Comment