Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Poem I Wrote One Sunday Afternoon (March 18, 2007)

I often find that as I reflect on my life, at times I see that I have done wrong.
I wonder if I can be saved and with a prayer in my heart and my voice in song,
I see in my mind my Savior with all the little children around him and on his knee.
He looks up and calls me by name because he knows me, individually.
He talks to me, my exemplar, my brother, my friend.
His words are simple and strong but I don’t know if I can endure to the end.

Then I see him smile with love in his eyes, bringing to me the most peaceful calm.
I reach for his outstretched hand, grasping it over the hole in his palm.
He takes away my sins and burdens, lifts me up so I can stand,
So I will try to do the same for you, if you will just take my hand.
He heals me, completes me, saves my soul as I am up against the wall.
I pray to him and I know him, trusting through his love, he'll answer my call.

I want to walk where he walked, talk how he talked.
He was the best He could be, and so He died to save you and me.
Love is not just a feeling, but a state, a state of being.
It is what people do, how you treat people and how they treat you.
Just your actions and what you say, affects someone somewhere some day.
So live your life right, that when you leave this earth where you roam,
Our Father will say, well done my good and faithful servant, welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment