Sunday, April 28, 2013

Transitioning into Unknown Territory

If anything I am learning recently is that everyone needs someone.  And most of the time there is someone for everyone.  My sisters, my parents, my brother... You can see different people or meet different people and typically in time they will find someone that will become their other half.  It doesn't matter how much of a character they are or how unique, they are able to make a match.  I was talking to my brother and his wife about this a few nights ago.  It doesn't matter whether or not you are a match to begin with, the complementary and similar characteristics over time develop in such a way that as a couple you become soul mates.  Soul mates are not found but they can be made.  I don't think anyone could fit my brother more perfectly than my wife and no one else could fit her now as well as my brother.  It is definitely something that I want myself.  If there is anything that is missing in my life it is a celestial relationship.  First, I need to start with my relationship with God and then I will hopefully find someone with whom I will have a relationship that reminds me of my Father in Heaven.

I don't know when or how but I am going to do my best to find good friendships now that I am graduated and finally moved up to Salt Lake.  Fitting in isn't the hardest thing for me but I really want to be able to find a good group of people that help me live the way that I should.  I bought a few books that I want to read this summer that I hope put me in that kind of a place.  But to be honest, I am far from perfect and even though I want to make friends with people that want to go to the temple and have fun and respect each other... I still have soot on my shirt from Babylon so to speak.  I don't expect people to be perfect but I hope that I find good friends.  I realize that even though I act super excited to leave Provo, I know that after 5 years in the judgmental bubble that it is, I still have a few people that I have made connections with there that I hope will stay in my life.  Just like anywhere else, you have to take the good with the bad and it is in this that we appreciate those people who make a positive impact on us.  But with this decision to move to Salt Lake, I hope I learn what I need to learn and find the blessings in whatever comes around.  So far, the plan is to get my dual masters starting in the fall but I know from experience the only thing I can truly plan for is for things to change.  I am wishing for a good ride.

Right now, it is only a wish though.  I might have a place in Salt Lake but I still have a lot to do.  I need to get a bit of work done on my car soon.  I need a new laptop for grad school before that starts in the fall.  I need to figure out my new ward.  I need to figure out classes for next fall.  I need to find a job sooner rather than later and at the same time, I am still kind of considering being a bum for the next few months and just asking some people to pay me back some money I let them borrow and just enjoy time off.  I want to travel a bit and see different parts of the United States that I haven't been to yet... A lot of that is down in California like San Francisco and the Santa Monica Pier.  I really haven't spent much time or money in Las Vegas either and that is probably why I am well off at the moment but there are so many places that I want to see.  Still, I don't know if this is the time now or if I need to continue to be patient and see what opportunities come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment