Saturday, April 6, 2013

Recognizing the Dirtballs

I have the type of personality where people trust me.  I am willing to listen and I do my best to love the people around me.  Sometimes I like to refer to it as developing a Dr. Phil Relationship.  I am the person that people like to talk to.  And to be perfectly honest, it can be frustrating at times.  It gets frustrating because there is always a pattern.  I hear about the girls who will not commit to guys with good intentions and I hear about the wrong kind of guys who enjoy using women.  Needless to say, I decided one day to express my frustration through Facebook by sharing some of the patterns that women can look for when it comes to recognizing a dirtball:

"If you want to know if he is the WRONG GUY...

"If it was quick to a PASSIONATE KISS then he wasn't playing on sticking around. If he DOESN'T PLAN then to him you weren't worth the time or it might simply not be one of his habits so good luck with goals or anything long term. If he can only compliment you on YOUR LOOKS, I like the way some of my suits look on me and they are only an object too. And lastly, don't buy into a lie that he isn't going to TREAT YOU LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS he has dated because you are different, every girl is different and he treated them all like crap. He is just testing you because he is afraid that you won't buy into it like all the rest of them.

"Have some self respect and be smart. Don't get played. That's my soap box for today...
"


 The more I thought about my frustration with this the more I began to think about my own relationships.  Am I being used by my friends or do I trust them as much as they trust me?  Do they care about me as much as I care for them?  I realized that at times I was being used.  So when I started to figure out that the real nature of the relationship was tad one-sided, I tried talking about the situation with the individual and eventually determined that I must let go.  I can trust God once again to take care of the people I love.

If I have to determine what kind of man I am going to be, I need to know what I want.  There was an interesting article a friend of mine showed me about a week ago.  It reminded me of my first kiss because it talked about how it is more attractive when women are willing to take charge and say what they want when it comes to passionate intimacy and I think that is true.  Most times women (aka my friend's wives) will remember how long it has been down to the minute since there has been a serious conversation or real date that they shared with their spouse and the man will remember the same when it comes to physical intimacy in their relationship.

If we are willing to think of our spouses before ourselves then I want a spouse who will protect the passionate intimacy of our relationship and I want to be the protector of our emotional and affectionate intimacy.  I want to never have my spouse worry about my fidelity or my devotion to her.  If there is anything I learned from my namesake, my Grandpa Glenn Collette, is that I don't need a reason to let the ones I love how much they mean to me.  I should tell them often how much I love and appreciate them.  Again, I need to show the ones that I truly love how special they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment