Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Unsent Letter

Good Morning Beautiful,

I thought you should know how much I love and appreciate you.  I thought you should know that I knew from the first moment that I saw you smile that I would do everything in my power to make you happy.  I fell in love with that smile and even though I know we have our differences and that you are far from perfect, you might not know that is exactly why I love you.  I don't care about all of those little things you do because they make you who you are and it makes me happy.  You complete me.  At times we are so similar that we may feel like the same person, a reflection of everything that we are.  But there are those times too that I see in you everything that I want to be.

I want you to know that you make me want to be a better man.  There was a time once where I thought that love was this unattainable thing and that the stories of chivalry, romance, and happy endings were all dead.  That I was never good enough for the kind of person that I really loved and that I would end up settling for something less. But I realized that this isn't the case but it is a choice.  There are definite aspects of respect and mutuality when it comes to physical affection and emotional commitment, however there was one lesson I had to learn the hard way and that was that you cannot for the life of you make anyone fall in love with you.  Love is utterly and completely something that has to be given to you and it can not be earned.

We think about the Savior and His sacrifice and we realize that we did nothing to deserve it and there was no way for us to pay Him back.  All He asks is that we be our best and try to serve and love the people around us.  I could not have done anything to deserve you.  There is no way for me to repay the debt that I owe you for the love you have shown to me.  And the only thing I ask is that you let me serve you and love you for all of my days and my nights and even after my last dying breath.

I trust you.  I trust you with my heart, my dreams, my love, my future, my family.  I trust you with everything that I am and hope to be and I will do anything to make sure that I never give you reason to doubt me.  I hope you realize now how much I love you and how much I need you.  I could not keep going on if it was not for you.  I need you in my life.  You are like the air I breath and the sunshine on my skin.  You give meaning and purpose to living and the covenants that I keep and the covenants that I hope to make.

With all the love that I possess...



I have yet to meet this woman.  If I do know her than I don't know her well enough because I have yet to recognize any sign of mutual interest.   But with enough patience and continuing faith, I will find someone that I can be ready to give this to.  For now, I keep holding out for a dream and hopefully a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment