Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Anonymous Letters

 
Conversation... I think it is a lost art nowadays when there is texting and Facebook and Instant Messaging.  You don't even have to come up with what you want to say by yourself.  You can have all of your friends write what you "said" for you.  Honestly, I think it is a tad sad.  Is it completely a bad thing?  I am not sure.  Dating has disappeared into hanging out.  Commitment has gone from a fear and turned into just being unusual.  However, the written word hasn't completely lost its savor.

If there is one thing I still like to do it is write my emotions down in a way to capture them.  When I was in my last relationship, my girlfriend and I would write each other notes and letters.  Didn't matter what the size of them was because it was a message that you could keep and read over and over again whenever things got hard or when life had gotten you down.  So now, I do the same but for perfect strangers.

I think the library is a terrible and productive place at times and so today I had an opportunity to do something both spontaneous and good.  I saw someone else that was studying and when she got up to go who knows where I decided I would use my left over note paper to write her a short anonymous letter.  I hope she keeps that letter and remembers that even a stranger can tell when someone needs an encouraging word or to remember what is truly important.  Sometimes the most important things are the things we are most likely to forget.  What do you want in life?  What are some of the things you want to change in your life and more importantly, what is stopping you?  Who are you?  Ask yourself.  Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment