Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Light The Fire

One of the things that any of my friends nowadays could tell you about me is that if you want an honest opinion, all you have to do is ask me.  I used to be shy back in high school.  I didn't know what to say or how to say it.  I was scared.  Afraid of rejection.  I should have tried to hold onto some of that because now I say whatever I feel.  I want people to know who I am.  If they are going to like me or not like me, at least they will know the real me.  The other thing that is a bit odd though is even though I am definitely more open than most, I know for the most part the boundaries that are naturally in conversation.

I don't like to burn bridges but apparently I thought I was given an opportunity to give a completely honest and blunt opinion on a topic that a friend of mine asked me about.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me but I offended them and here I sit thinking how could something so inconsequential become such a big deal that instead of discussing things and fixing them, it is just better to let go of a friendship.  I can't say that I don't totally understand what I did that was wrong.  I can't say that I don't understand how someone could hold onto a relationship that isn't entirely real or mutual.  An apology that is given won't always be accepted even if it is sincere.  All I can do is try and learn from my mistakes, trust God, and continue to move forward.  Either way, I have to respect how other people will react and what they choose to do.  Waiting for people to come around when they lit the fire to burn the bridge is nothing but completely irrational.


No comments:

Post a Comment