Saturday, January 22, 2011

Carpe Diem

The bullets fly around me as I walk calmly through the storm. It is like every part of this deadly barrage is only a swarm of gnats, easily ignored or disposed of. There are many that I see along my way through this firefight that cower in the shadows, protecting themselves. It is not that I see myself as superhuman or bulletproof but instead I see life more fulfilling living it outside the shadows. I extend my hand as if to say, "I'm not afraid to take a stand. Everybody come take my hand. We will walk this road together through the storm, whatever weather, cold or warm. Just let you know that you are not alone." I don't know if it is that they are afraid of the the potential situation or how unafraid I am of it, but nevertheless, they decide to stay within the confines of safety. It is not that they could not step out and see that the true shadows are these bullets, these potential dangers, but it is that they will not. People choose how they will live their lives and when it boils down to it I choose to live a life where my fears do not control me but I control them. No matter how foolish it may be, I choose to have faith in people and that inside everyone is some good. I am sure many people believe in these same ideals but faith is more than just believing. It is doing. It is not that I do not know that people can hurt me. They have. It is that I realize that I only get stronger. And as the pain gets less and less, I just hope that it is because I am being filled with more and more love. Love life and live to love. What is fear when you act with faith? Nothing more than a series of what ifs and maybes. It is just a shadow of a possible reality. Phobias only exist in your head. But like I said already, you choose... Choose your own reality and I hope you will live fully and love fearlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment