Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life is a Series of Small Adventures

Sometimes the first couple steps are the hardest ones that you will ever take, because when "you step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." The days spent feel like I have been wandering from one thing to the next, but not all those who wander are truly lost. The adventures I have been living are not all with romance
and heartache, but they all do have lessons to be learned within the journey. Still, I wander from friend to friend and class to class, one step at a time. I know I am on a path, but to where, I do not know.

It is fascinating to see how all paths collide. All people are walking along on a path of their own design and sometimes these paths intersect, and some run parallel for a time, but in the end, everyone has their own way. I find that with all these intersections and collisions, each has a purpose. How much you align yourself to others' paths and their direction will affect how much every person you meet will have to either lift you or bring you down. So though we may find joy and happiness when we are with other people, in the end, happiness comes from where we end up. Sometimes I feel like I am unknowingly trying to run in circles, colliding with other people and their paths just because I am looking for happiness. In all reality, I am going nowhere. If I naturally just try to make my way home, I will probably find someone who is going there too. And if we fit, then we might just combine paths and I will find that I am not so worried about going in circles any more.

Though I pause to think and enjoy the journey, I know that when I finally arrive, not only will I know that I have reached my destination but I will know who I am in the end. Life has so many twists and turns and many go through trial and tribulation, but such is life. In the middle, it always is like an uphill journey, but it is best to smile along the way. It is at least better than the alternative. So if I get tripped up along the way, I need to pick myself back up, brush off the dirt and the dust, reassess and realign my direction, and then keep on chugging. Each adventure is a choice. Every moment is a gift. The key to happiness is to stop worrying so much about the collisions in life's journey but the direction in which we are heading. And when it comes to making your story, remember who you are and what you want to become and that you are the author of your own ending. One day, we'll collide.

"Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find you and I collide.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment