Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter Semester for 2011


It only makes sense to call this the 2011 Winter Semester because the semester doesn't even start until after New Years... which by the way was amazing! I went to a concert New Year's Eve down in Boston, MA and saw Third Eye Blind in concert. They were fantastic! The whole break was really good and definitely needed. Anyways, I am here again trying to figure out what I want to do for this next year. I need to start trying to work my resume list a little better after I finish my scholarship stuff so I can try to get an internship for the summer. But before I start, let's make a list:

1. I think I have definitely been working really hard on my keeping my grades up. The best thing I can do is continue to do that! If I get another 3.82 GPA, well I certainly wouldn't complain at all! So I need to keep my grades up and keep a well-balanced focused in the semester between classes and socializing.

2. I have already started planning some of the fun things I can do in Utah and Idaho for the winter. I would love to get out on some snowmobiles and bomb around a bit in some powder, but honestly, I should be able to go night skiing once or twice, snowshoeing, hit up the hot springs, and have a couple hot cocoa movie nights, maybe some snowmen or something. Either way, the weather has to cooperate with me along with my schedule and my friends.

3. I want to stay on top of my calling at church as a Sunday School teacher and have strong well thought out lessons. It is actually kinda funny. I am still single but for some odd reason, it is a good idea for me to be teaching the class for Marriage and Family Prep in a single adult student ward at college. Isn't there bishopric counselors that could do this? It is fun though. I also want to keep up a regular temple attendance and work on some family names.

4. I want to improve my personal scripture study and my personal prayer. Make it more meaningful and have my own study along with my study for my New Testament class. It will take a lot more planning but I am sure it will be worth it.

5. When I visited doctors and dentists over the Christmas break, I got a bunch of things. I need to be working on my diabetes, my newly whitened teeth, and taking my vitamins and other drugs. So I need to create better habits for my health. Plus, I have a couple of friends that are taking a racquetball class and with all these dating ideas that I have, I should be able to get the exercise that I need.

6. Lastly, I hope that I can find someone that is not only a friend but a friend who is as crazy about me as I am about them. I am praying that I will recognize it, that if it is right for me, that I will go for it, but that I will be smart about it too. I am praying that I will be ready. Ready for not only another relationship, which hopefully will happen naturally, but if I do start a relationship that it might lead to the next step of marriage.

I am hoping that if I am willing to write this, since I am coming to grips that I am not the only one that reads this apparently, that I will commit to it. I want things to happen naturally, but I have to be ready to let them happen. I can't be afraid of the idea but have to accept it. I should welcome the fact that I am adult! I am ready. I am still myself, still a kid, but I can be serious too. No worries. This year is going to be a great year! I am excited! Bring it on, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment