Sunday, June 30, 2013

Trying to Find My Way

I don't know how to explain it but I feel like sometimes I am meant to be in this world to help people. I find myself in the most interesting situations. I feel like I walk through a mist of people carrying a light only to come upon individuals sitting down scared and alone in life or maybe others that are walking aimlessly lost. I may not have answers to everything and I may not be the strongest or best looking or anything of the sort but I can listen and help in any way that I can. I don't play games and I am super loyal and if I had to say what my dream or biggest goals are they would have to be something like this:

I want to marry my best friend. I want to be a father. I want to travel with my wife and have adventures. I want to be worthy of my priesthood and be not just in good standing with God but I want to be able to be called His friend. I hope that He will continue to use me to help the people around me. I want to be His mouthpiece. I want to be a friend that people can count on. I want to be trustworthy. I want to be someone that people can confide in. I think the reason I try so hard to be that kind of person is because I want that kind of person. I want intimacy, trust, love, and the feeling that I have my other half. I don't necessarily want someone to complete me, but more I want someone that I can grow together with.



I am trying to find my way. I have had a lot of interaction with some amazing individuals at work. I will listen and give some basic counsel. These are people like me who are facing obstacles in life, who have needs like me, and who want to be their best selves but at times feel like they are tied down. The gospel allows freedom in our life, provides us with choice, and creates true confidence which can only come by knowing that your standing before the Lord is good. The world is always changing and it is such a relief to have something that is steadfast in my life. I am still looking for someone to share that life with but that isn't anything new... Patience and persistence and faith are what gets me through. I continue to date and try to find someone that is interested and if I do find someone, I will just have to see what happens. We will make something out of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment