Sunday, September 13, 2009

No One Else Can...

No one else can love you like I can. Why won't you stop looking around? Stay with me. Look at me and at my soul. Don't look away from my eyes. Why do you refuse to see what I do here with me? I wouldn't do anything for you but everything and all you ask is that I do nothing at all. Why can't the world turn backwards in time to that day when I first saw you? I would take you in my arms and never let the feeling go of you. I wish you would hold me too. I hope that you would say what I having been wishing you had said all along. But you dance around it and bite your lip til it bleeds. That smile is like poison to the brain. I can't figure out what it means because your lips never say what they mean. Love is all too slow. Maybe that is why I am running... and I am alone. I can't stand the drama, how complicated it becomes, and all the excuses. There will always be a world full of reasons why things shouldn't work out but what about the one reason that says that it can. It should. Why can't that reason be us? Stop your talking and let's try. Stop guessing to see how it can fail. It is failing already because we haven't even begun. So let's stop trying to dig the grave and let's fall. Let's fall together. Let's fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment