Monday, September 7, 2009

The Color Code Test

Last night one of my roommates, Scott and I were discussing an amazing book and personality test called the Color Code. It was funny because the first time I took this test seriously, it changed my perspective on myself and how I interact with other people. I still really need to read the book so I am probably going to check it out of the library some time this week, but anyways.

What I discovered was that my personality was a blue with a secondary of white. Let me explain for those who do not yet understand the color code. There are four colors: blue, white, yellow, red. These represent personality traits, desires, strengths, weaknesses, and so forth. Just go take the test! But what I remember is the desires of these four colors: red (power or control), yellow (entertain or have fun), white (peace), and blue (loyalty or intimacy). It is interesting because these are all good and bad qualities at the same time depending on the situation and sometimes they can become polarized. Yellow and white or red and blue. And sometimes, people can be a red blue... or a red with a secondary color of blue. The secondary color reflects a background personality and the first color is the primary personality.

I found our discussion interesting last night because I made some connections in the way that I communicate with people from the color code. If I was to describe myself when it comes to personal communication, I am fantastic in certain settings and I die in others. When there are big groups, I become quiet and reserved. I hate to be put in the spotlight. Don't get me wrong, I am fine when I am speaking to everyone, it is when there is a group of people and I want to talk to one specific person. I look for personal relationships with people and so when there are crowds I don't like standing out and breaking the mold, the breaking of the peace.

When I am able to be alone with someone though, I typically am able to open up and they open up in return. It becomes a full 360 degrees. We are able to joke, talk, touch, and really get to know each other. In a one-on-one situation, I really perform and can be my true self. This is a perfect reflection of my blue-white. I want to love people but I won't intrude. I will be the quiet gentleman and wait until they finally decide what they want. I want to be understood. I want romance. I want to have fun and to smile. I want to love and be loved. I am blue. I'm blue da ba dee da be die... I'm blue (if I was green I would die).

1 comment:

  1. Hey...Check out kissedbyaraingod.blogspot.com...you've been nominated :)

    ReplyDelete