Saturday, December 14, 2013

Lost in an Imagination

Dreams, creativity, and imagination are all words that describe someone that can picture possibilities in his future or can see the world in a different way. For me, these kinds of moments or thoughts happen all the time. When I talk to people on the phone, I listen carefully to what is being said so much so that I begin to picture or visualize what is happening. However how I visualize it and what would be reality becomes different as my mind begins to take what I hear and starts to picture it as a cartoon. Then as the person continues to talk my mind continues its own little drama until I finally think of something really funny and I laugh out loud. A little confused, this typically sparks conversation with whoever I am listening to but in the end I heard and retained everything that was said.

Other times, I will have the craziest dreams too. The dreams that I remember though are my daydreams. When I sleep at night, I typically sleep so soundly that I don't remember them unless I wake up mid-dream in the morning to go to bathroom or something, then I can pick up wherever I left off in my story. My daydreams are fantastic though. Whether it is the dreams I have in class or during meetings, I can continue to retain all the information that is being presented to me but like the phone conversations I make my reality my own.


There are places I want to go and things I want to do. And when it comes to the interactions I have with people I always picture things I would want to happen. For example, I had a dream last night that I met up with a girl that I like at a bar with my friends. Now that I live in Salt Lake I go to bars with my classmates a lot - bar food is sooooo good. I don't drink but it is fun to sing karaoke and go to trivia night and stuff. Anyways, I met this girl there and after hanging out with my friends for a while we decided to go back to her place and watch a movie. We were on our couch and we had made popcorn and even though we were watching the TV from other ends of the couch we took the popcorn and tried to throw it to each other to see if we could catch it in our mouths. In a few minutes we were laughing hard core and in the end we were cuddling watching the movie.

Again, the reason why I have this blog is because my mind is a beautiful place where I am able to see the world that I want. However, it isn't reality and in all reality, people see a lot of the behaviors and stories and standards being old fashioned and out of date. It isn't accepted except in conversation to be romantic, a gentleman, or have a sense of old-fashioned manners. So again, I am left to my imagination. One of these days it might happen though. Maybe one day, I will be as fortunate or as brave as Walter Mitty. One day, it will happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment