Monday, May 27, 2013

Remembering Those Before Us

I have been really focused on myself lately and for that I feel ashamed.  I think of only my own problems and the state of life that I am in.  I was talking to a few people earlier this weekend discussing what their plans were and suddenly I was reminded that today was Memorial Day.  Memorial Day weekend is a fun time for most where we go out and BBQ and spend time on the lake and enjoy the time we have off from work but there used to be a reason for this time to reflect.

So today I made time to reflect on family, friends, and any other people who have done so much for me who may not have ever known me.  I thought about my future and how I want to make a difference.  I'm not the strongest or the most talented but I do have a lot of love I can share and I am willing to do anything I can to help.  Part of me hopes I am worth remembering and that I can do something good with my life even though I make so many mistakes.  I know so many people who are suffering whether it is complications in life or the pain that comes with death.  Either way, I pray for these people, knowing what it must be that they are dealing with, hoping that my friendship and my shoulders can help them if I can.


Within my faith, one of the things we emphasize is "remembering." Remembering the sacrifices that have been made for us, the promises we have made to make the world a better place and to strive to be better each and every day, and remembering to be grateful for the blessings we have in our life. Remembering those who have come before and those who will come after us in the future. I hope that we don't forget... Thank you to all those who have served us, bled for us, and sacrificed for our freedoms. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment