Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Personality Results

I know I am an engineer and soon I will have a MBA but that aspect of my life could not ever be considered a label for me.  I am definitely a lot more than that and sometimes I find it hard to really describe who I am or what I am looking for socially.  One of my other passions is psychology and sociology.  I find that relationships are fascinating to understand and people and their tendencies and how those all intertwine.  I see them almost as a puzzle of people that is continually changing and adapting so that two pieces don't have to be a match at the start but the foundational aspects need to be there.

Anyways, I took a personality test that produced some of the most interesting results I have seen lately.   The reason why I was amazed was because of how accurate they seemed to describe me and my social habits.  I know that like those puzzle pieces that I will change but still I felt like I could identify with it entirely.  There were four basic types that we were identified as and my results were that I was:

Builder 23% Director 25%
Explorer 23% Negotiator 29%

with negotiator as your primary type,
you can be:
  • Big picture
  • Empathetic
  • Imaginative
  • Trusting
  • Intuitive
  • Introspective
  • Skilled verbally
with director as your secondary type,
you can be:
  • Decisive
  • Competitive
  • Focused
  • Disciplined
  • Analytical
  • Independent
  • Logical

Personality
You have a broad overview of reality. You like to tackle large, complex issues and weigh all the variables involved. And you can be innovative and bold, generating new perspectives and providing imaginative solutions to ambiguous social, political, intellectual or technical problems.

You have fine tuned social skills, easily picking up the gestures, facial expressions and speech patterns of others and expressing yourself clearly and vividly. You are intuitive, too; you understand people, and genuinely sympathize with them. Because you are also flexible and cooperative, you are also good at working in teams.

Yet despite your poise in social situations, you often prefer solitude or informed and detailed conversations with just one individual or a few close friends. You try to avoid routine meetings and social engagements. You prize your independence.

You like to focus deeply and thoroughly on your interests. You can be exacting, tough-minded, analytical and strategic in your approach, too. You leave no stone unturned.

Relating To Others
You seek an authentic connection with just about everyone you meet, and you want to have in-depth discussions with friends and colleagues about ideas and feelings. You do not suffer fools gladly; "small talk" leaves you cold.

Love And Relationships
You are idealistic and romantic. You want to bond in a spiritual sense, communicate your innermost feelings and sustain an intense and meaningful relationship. You have a rich fantasy life. And, for you, sex must be mixed with romance and meaning. When you find true love, you focus your attention on your beloved. You give thoughtful gifts, are sensitive to your mate's feelings and communicate your emotions clearly. You are capable of unconditional love. You can be irreverent about traditional marriage, however. You feel your personal commitment is the true marriage vow. In fact, you may be inclined to write your own vows and create a non-traditional wedding ceremony. You unconsciously gravitate to those who are imaginative and playful with ideas. You also like those with an unruffled calm and decisiveness, those who are ambitious, and those who can focus on their goals-individuals who complement your restless soul-searching.

Things negotiator need to be aware of:
  1. Because you can see so many angles to an issue or decision, you can be indecisive.
  2. You wrestle with the contradictory feelings of being too eager to please and being tough minded.
  3. When you feel betrayed you can be unforgiving and hold a grudge too long.
Overall, I thought this was a very interesting test because the format of the questions was both rating on a scale, selecting pictures that best represented your taste on different topics, etc.  In the end, I thought that it was a very accurate representation of me in a positive way that also talked about the different things I desired.  It won't change me or the way I approach relationships or life but the results I thought were in the very least, interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment