Sunday, November 6, 2011

Life Is Good

I feel like this week was really long. I have been having a pretty brutal semester this year with every class having either huge projects or multiple papers that needed to be written. In the last little bit, I was able to get all of the research and data collected for some of the projects and papers as well as finishing the rest. The reason it felt so long wasn't the fact that I was productive and on top of things, which feels really good. The reason it felt so long is because on top of that I had an awesome week visiting with my family, dating, spending time with my roommates, etc. It was a long week because honestly, I feel exhausted and just want to die I am so tired. Ha.

But seriously, it was awesome. My dad, who is basically a bigger version of me, came into town for business and to visit the family. I got to spend a couple of days with him and it was well needed. I don't know why but I have always had this incredibly strong sense of trust with my parents so I can tell them anything and even though I wasn't able to dump everything, I was able to get a lot of things out in the open that I wanted to and I was able to get his opinion on it
too which helped. Plus, whenever he comes we always seem to have a blast and it is a given that we will end up laughing. On top of that, I was able to catch up with some of my good friends who
I haven't seen in a long time... one of the friends was from my mission and the other was someone I met as soon as I got home from my mission around two years ago... and it just felt right. Then last night, my roommate Ryan and I had a double date with his girlfriend and a girl I know from one of my classes and we just had a blast. We made dinner for the girls, watched the LSU v. Alabama football game, played some games, and watched a movie. So after having a very long date, I was completely tired and fell asleep on the couch as soon as I got home after dropping off my date. But it was fun. This whole weekend was fun! Laughed, was competitive, played games, relaxed, was productive, we won our soccer game... it was just a good week.

Now I just need to settle back in and refocus so I will do well on my upcoming exams and hopefully finish up and start (ugh...) a couple more papers. Either way, it was a needed break and was exactly what I needed in each and every way. Grades really aren't that important, the learning process is. Being in a relationship really isn't that important, the friendships and the growing that occurs while developing them is. I guess what I am trying to say is no matter what ups and downs happen week in and week out, the important thing is that we learn and grow while we make our way to our intended destinations, but we enjoy the journey along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment