Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Spiritual Booster

I had a pretty long day yesterday with work, school, and homework. It just seemed like it was this never-ending string of busy-ness. Then at the end of the day, I got to go home and listen to music videos as I folded my laundry. Everyone has those moments where they go on a long Youtube purge. Mine mostly consist of movies or music videos, but it just so happened that I had finished some Doctrine & Covenants homework so I naturally began to gravitate from dance music to Christian alternative. The apex happened when I ran back into Tenth Avenue North. They have this new music video out that is really good. If you get a chance follow the link and I am sure you will be happy that you did... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA

Anyways, I felt like I should post this on Facebook and I felt really good that I did. It is funny though because I had this amazing Elder's Quorum President Freshman year here at BYU and he has always been an outstanding guy. Anyways, he happened to have posted a Mormon Message off of Youtube as well. I felt slightly one-upped as I watched it and the Spirit poured out. It was an amazing spiritual experience. It was like feeling a warm rain wash over you and fill you up with such peace and love that you can't stop the tearing from coming and a smile bloom across your face. I probably spent the next 15 minutes just watching Mormon Messages. If you have ever wondered how God sees us and how much He loves us, watch this video about the Atonement of Jesus Christ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coef8G5ax6E&feature=relmfu

I found my Patriarchial Blessing and read it. After all of these things, I truly felt God's love for me and I had a renewed desire to do what was right. I prayed with sincerity in gratitude for that experience. It was exactly what I needed to get my week started off right and in order. I feel like I can understand in some small way that God truly loves me and has a plan for me. If I am willing and have a sincere desire, He will not only help me become a better person but He will freely forgive and forget my past mistakes. There is real power in the Atonement and in the power of prayer. I have to try harder to remember three things: Who I really am, what God has entrusted me with through the covenants I have made, and how Christ has made all this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment