Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finding Peace When I'm Impatient

People are funny. We tend to not be as grateful as we should. Some people may be more richly blessed than others in different ways: material things, appearance and beauty, physical health, family, faith, intelligence, etc. However, we tend to see things we don't have. I don't have an internship that pays yet. I haven't paid off college yet. I haven't finished school yet. I'm not married yet. I don't have a girlfriend yet. I haven't. I want. I need. I am part of the problem. I'm not perfect yet nor will I.

If we are going to be thinking about ourselves, then let's think about our pasts and our present. Let's be grateful for what we have learned and what we have been given. Our greatest trials can be our greatest blessings if we look to serve and to learn from them. We all need to move forward and move on but we also don't want to continue to repeat our pasts. Like one of my good buddies for instance. He met a girl he had a solid conversation with, super cute, into sundresses (and who doesn't like a girl that looks great in a sundress?), triathlete, and after being super flirty with him, he walked away like he was the boss but forgot the crucial ingredient... Her phone number. It was one of those experiences where you are sitting on the edge of your seat thinking he struck gold and then...


But at the same time, all he had to do and which he eventually did was pull a Edward move from Twilight and stick around long enough that he could get her number. Now, they will be married by Wednesday. People in Utah get married faster than average. Any slower and she might be confused if he actually likes her. But whether my issues with gratitude are actually issues with impatience, I will find out eventually. Things will fall into place. But in the meantime, I just need to learn to find happiness peace wherever I can and not get upset when it isn't as easy as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment