Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Value of Nothing


I have tried and waited and looked for you. I have stood before you with arms wide open. I have given you the choice and waited for you take our shot. But the only shot I heard was the one I felt in the chest when I opened up to you and all I heard was nothing. I waited and all I found was nothing. I told you everything and all I got back was nothing. I invested. I spoke from the soul. I gave you too many chances, but I realize now I would have found better luck in front of a mirror because all you said was nothing. And when I finally walked away, all I heard was nothing. It is good for you that nothing can stop me from loving you, so if you figure yourself out then I hope you can come back with something. Because I know what I am worth, and I know that I am worth a whole hell of a lot more than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment