Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Pain of Glass

Today I was sitting in my sacrament meeting at church and was just thinking and my mind just did its own thing and started imagining and thinking about my life. I realized that my life is a lot like a sheet of glass. I thought of it as I looked out the window at the mountains with the clouds rising over them like steam over the edge of a pot. The glass was a good representation of me.

For the most part I am transparent. People can see right through me because I am unable to hide anything. And when it comes to other people I can usually help them see the silver lining behind life and I can help them see a real reflection of who they are. I can help them see the good in life. However, when it comes to my friends when I let them touch me, they leave their mark. Sometimes it is a good thing and other times, the mark is not the best. Sometimes it takes time to really clean up what is left behind.

 I have been able to see a lot and experience a lot in my life and it has made me strong. Still, it doesn't mean that I don't feel pain. I still can feel and know what people go through. There are a lot of people however that don't treat others like people. They treat them like things, obstacles, and objects. People have to learn to respect one another because when we hurt each other we can break each other's heart. We can shatter. We can break into so many little pieces it is almost impossible to start trying to put them back together. Life is interesting when  you are made of glass.
............................................

He Wishes for The Cloths of Heaven
(William Butler Yeats)

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment