Saturday, June 2, 2012

The March of Time

I have thought this particular thought before but I never had a real reason to put it into context so let me spell it out for you.  When we think of time sometimes we think of the never ending race, the movement through space that never stops and never slows, the one thing that is never in our control because every second we live is a second gone.  We hear that time is precious so here is a question for us to think about.  How do we measure time?  Where does this idea of time come from?

Time is not really seconds or minutes or even days or years.  It is the space between moments.  It is the space between one sunrise to the next.  It is the changing of the seasons.  We measure time by events that occur both day to day and in history.  We measure time from a pivotal point in history, when the Savior of the World, our world, was born.  Time is a way that we as mortals measure our own significance, birth to death.  But in all reality, these moments that we will live or in another perspective, endure, are in all reality very brief.  So if we are to make the most of our mortality, if we are to live life to the fullest, live so you can be remembered.  We need to live through love.

So if I was to count the days of my existence, it would have started 5 months 2 weeks 6 days and 12 hours ago when I met the love of my life for the first time.  And next Fast Sunday, the first Sunday of each month, on July 7th, I will be sitting in a pew at a meetinghouse in Queensland, Australia in the small town of Maroochydore just north of Brisbane with my arm around her once again.  And the week that I will be there will feel like a lifetime because every moment will be new, each emotion making me feel alive once again, and I will be happy.  I will be home because home is where the heart is and she has been keeping my safe all this time since the day that she left on that plane February 16th.  Time waits for no one so cherish the life you live, love the people that make up your world, and follow your dreams because nothing is truly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment