Saturday, June 23, 2012

Down to the Wire

Honestly I can say that the last couple of months have been interesting ones as Tatiana and I continue to work towards a life together and it hasn't been a complete surprise to have opposition arrive in all its different forms.  And this isn't something unique to Tati and I because I have had a few friends who are going through the same thing in similar ways and they begin to wonder why is there drama and where is their support and isn't it supposed to be a happy thing and so much more.  My suggestion to them is the same advice that I give to myself: Put the blinders on and focus on what needs to be done to get to where you want to go and be happy no matter the result.

Tatiana and I have many plans.  We are so happy and grateful that we were led to each other and that we were able to so quickly recognize and appreciate the love and romance that blossomed almost overnight between the two of us.  Still, it is amazing to see her work hard to pursue her dreams.  She has wanted to become an animator and to work in the top of field and to do that she has always wanted to go to BYU and be a part of their program there as it is highly recruited and one of the top three programs in the world.  She also wanted to get married in the temple and have a family at some point.  I too wanted those things for us and I also want to be there working and studying in my degree together.  So for her she had a few obvious obstacles between visas, admissions, applications, and me with graduate school exams and sorting through paperwork, and on top of all that continuing to build and foster a wonderful relationship from across the globe.



Well, I am not posting to say that life is a bed of flowers and that everything has fallen into place.  It hasn't, but it will.  We are working at it and I am so proud of her and everything that she has done.  We found out yesterday that she has finally had her portfolio reviewed and that she has been accepted into the BYU Animation Program!!!  Honestly, I can't even begin to say how I feel and I am sure the same thing goes for her.  When we read the email, she just smiled from chin to chin and fell back onto her bed in pure bliss and ecstasy.  She definitely has some more hurdles to conquer when it comes to admission to BYU and when she can be accepted but if the right strings are pulled hopefully a few more miracles will happen.  I too have my first of two major exams I am taking this summer scheduled for this afternoon.  I am feeling a bit nervous about it but I feel like I really prepared myself and between that and the prayers and the blessing that I got, I think I will do well.  Really, I have a lot to be grateful for and a lot to be happy about.

But really, I feel like I will be able to celebrate our success to this point once I see her again in two weeks.  Two weeks... It still feels so far away but when I say it brings a grin to my face that I can't conceal.  I can hardly wait to be with her again and I really am so proud of how well she and I have done.  I know we have received so much help and so many miracles in our behalf and I really am incredibly grateful.  But two weeks... I have been waiting for 4.5 to 5 months and now I only have two weeks.  Sometimes I think it has felt like a marathon but the more I realize the team that surrounds us the more I can see that it is a relay and we are down to wire... I am almost there and it seeing the finish line is an indescribable feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment