Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Surprises

I feel like it is interesting how things happen for reasons that we may not always understand until much later and sometimes we may never understand them at all. The last few weeks have been slightly stressful but for my own health and sanity, I have come up for a little air every once in a while. And by that I mean, I will spend a little time talking with Tatiana and we will discuss how things have been going both with me and with her and typically that will get me centered again. The other day we took that a step further and decided to have a movie night/afternoon where we started a movie together at the same time and we would comment, laugh, and joke around while it was going messaging back and forth on our iPods from across the globe. It was actually a really good date considering the distance, but it was really fun! But as I said before, lately things have been a little interesting.

I finally took those two tests in anatomy and organic chemistry and I am not too sure how that went down... not great but I don't know how much damage control will need to be done. Then there is the situation with taxes, registration, housing, etc. There are a lot of big things... not huge things... but nevertheless, big things that I thought were good and resolved and now they are rearing their heads with a vengeance. So that is a nice bit of unwanted stress which hopefully I will be able to resolve one at a time, sooner rather than later. Needless to say... not fun. And this all coincided when Tatiana and I had some interesting experiences occur on her end.

I have done well in staying in contact with her and her family but in the process of getting to know one another things can be miscommunicated or misinterpreted. In the end, I asked if they would talk to her some more so they could clarify exactly what her perspective was but what I didn't know was that Tatiana was also having a particularly rough day. Her mom decided to go visit Tatiana and clarify a few of things which was absolutely perfect. When God knows that someone needs help, he can use others to help bring the right people together. I would always want to help Tatiana in any way that I could, but when she needed someone there and in person to talk with her and help her (something I can not to do right now), God used me in a way that I didn't understand so that in an indirect and small way I could help make that happen.

I guess what I am trying to say is that through love, patience, and faith good things will happen in the end. We may not always see the forest through the trees but if we know where we are going and continue to press forward, enduring and doing the best that we can, God will help us through. He may not answer our prayers in the way that we would like, expect, or answer in the time that we would like Him too, but He does answer. I know that I will not have to face anything that I can not handle and as long as I am doing what is right, He will help me so I can know what I need to do. The situations that are happening may seem like a real trial and they can even blindside you, but if you are willing to stay focused on those righteous desires and refuse to give up everything will work itself out. Perspectives can change with time. You can be surprised with a situation that can start off looking like it is a real negative thing, but if you are patient it can become a real blessing to you in time. It is not a bad surprise... it is just a new surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment