Monday, March 12, 2012

Looking for Help

I knew from the beginning that this semester was going to be difficult. I knew that I would pushed a lot harder and farther than I had before. This was the reason I ended up quitting my job between Fall and Winter, to make sure that I could devote enough time to my classes. And there are always distractions no matter what you do and it doesn't matter whether they are good or bad, you learn to balance that with your schoolwork. But the thing that bugs me the most, is when I feel like my very best is just never good enough.

I understand that it is okay to fail once in awhile but every time? I have been distracted this semester with a lot of different things and I understand that and with most of my classes I feel like I am trying to play catch up. But whether it is anatomy lab and not being able to identify parts on cadavers, organic chemistry and not understanding what type of reaction will occur and knowing exactly which reactants and catalysts are needed to generate specific products, or in my mechanical engineering classes and not understanding how to set up problems during tests when I feel like I understand it well enough to do the homework and projects and papers. It feels like it is just repeating over and over and over again and I don't understand if I misunderstand or what I am being asked when it comes to exams seems like there is a lack of communication so I don't feel like I have everything I need. I don't know what to do. I have gone to the teachers for help, I pray when I study and when I take my exams, I feel like I have it down and then I walk out and I realize I had no idea. The biggest issue is that I am at the point in my education where I can't be looking for do-overs or second chances. If anything, right now I am looking for a miracle. What do you do when you feel like you are able to do the busy work and the day to day but when it really counts you just aren't able to perform like you want to?

And this isn't me looking to throw in the towel by any means. I think I can still pull off an A or two with plenty of B's and C's to follow but if I don't get this figured out and quick, all of those could drop a whole letter grade and then I am in a real mess. And it isn't like it is just one class that is a problem... in fact, I only have one class that isn't a problem! The rest I am just trying to figure out how to survive the rest of the semester. If I can get through this, I am just hoping that this summer I will kill the GMAT and the GRE. That way I don't have to worry so much about my classes when it comes to applying to graduate school and then I can just get done what I have to and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment