Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finding Answers

I try to avoid being super preachy or talking directly about my religion on this blog, but if I am going to talk about my passions then it is unavoidable. These last few weeks I have been really trying to focus on building up my relationship with my Heavenly Father and strengthening my spirit. Taking weekly trips to the temple in support of my friend who is preparing for his mission, reading the scriptures every day with the help of a scheduled study site, and just trying to work through rebuilding my prayers. My life here is but a brief moment in time, not only in the history of the earth but in the eternal nature of my soul. If there is one thing from that perspective that I need to remember is how vital it is to feed my spirit and to help it grow.

I have a testimony of the gospel. That has never changed. It continues to grow though it does have its peaks and its valleys, I can say that I never have doubted that the one thing constant in my life is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. No matter what my perspective and standing in that relationship is, He is ever present. It is my knowledge of this unchanging love that I have never had the flame of my testimony been extinguished.

I know that God loves me. I know that He has provided for me a way to find happiness and answers to all of life's questions. He has given me the prophets of old and His chosen servants in this modern dispensation. He has given me the Spirit. If I am true and faithful to my covenants, I am happy and whole. I have now a personal testimony of the promise of the Book of Mormon that whosoever reads and abides by the precepts taught in that book, it will bring you nearer to God than by any other means. It has rebuilt my desire to be who I need to be. It gives me hope for the future: my family, my life, and the love and service that I can share for eternity. There is not a person in the world who has committed serious sin that didn't begin first by losing the habit of personal daily scripture study and meaningful prayer. There is no other way that we can grow closer to the Spirit and hear, recognize, and learn to follow the voice of the Lord. Revelation and the Book of Mormon are the key to heaven and finding the answers to the soul.

I know this to be true with every fiber of my being. I know that God lives, loves, and listens to His children throughout the world and that His plan can help any person no matter their station in life. I know the power of the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the reality of His life and His resurrection. God has called prophets once again in our day and I pray that we will do everything in our power to hearken to their counsel as they hearken to the counsel of the Father. I pray that I might be lead through these tools that God has made available to me that one day I might blessed to lead my future family in truth and that I may return and be welcomed back into His presence with open arms. I can't even begin to describe the amount of joy it brings, that happiest of reunions with all of my loved ones, but I can say that the very thought of it brings me to tears. I pray that we may all remember and we may do what our hearts and our heads direct us to do and that we may have the strength to persevere. My heart goes out to you and my love is with you. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment