Monday, May 23, 2011

Rolling Waves of Life

I was talking with my mom today when we had some free time. We talked about how things have been and I realized that life is made up of a lot of little things. Every week we have our ups and our downs. This last week I got a driving ticket for changing lanes and it was considered reckless driving. I tried calling the officer but I never heard back from him. I got an email from a teacher saying I had been referred by a past professor to help him on a research project. I haven't heard back from him either. I also got a scholarship for school. There are the ups and the downs, but it is what you make of it that matters. I'm not perfect and I make mistakes. In fact, I can see where I could be in my life right now but at the same point in time I have learned a lot about myself and my weaknesses and my strengths. It is humbling though to realize that there is so much I need to do and how much help I will need to get there.

If there is one thing I do know about myself is that I have learned how to see the best in every situation. There are things that could put me down but if you wait long enough, just like a raincloud, things have a way of clearing themselves up and the little things just go away. But you have to choose to rise above them and sometimes it takes everything you have. But I guess what I am trying to say is that in the long run, if you have to focus on the little things in your life, you get to pick where your perspective falls. If you are going to make mountains out of molehills at least choose to make a big deal of the good things that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment