Sunday, June 12, 2011

Never Get Enough

"I honestly can't think of anything that would make me more happy than holding you in my arms for the rest of life and watching you fall asleep."

I found this single sentence in my portfolio of old posts. This one sentence was the entirety of my thoughts at that moment. What is truly sad is that I never published it and whoever it was, I can't remember any more, may not have known that I even had feelings for her or that I even existed. All I ask is that if you see someone whether you know them or not, at the very least, THE VERY LEAST, please just smile. Sometimes that can be the encouragement someone needs to open up and put themselves out there. If the hardest fight we will ever face is with ourselves, then just imagine for a moment the conflict someone has to feel to hold back expressing any amount of love to another human being. I know because I have been there... the words unsaid, the embraces not given, the calls unmade and unanswered. If there is one thing in the world in which too little is given freely and which we can never get enough, it is simply love. So please, never hold back on something so precious as love because many times it is in giving it that we really feel it and begin to understand it for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment