Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Music is what feelings sound like... (Part 3)

When I said it was a hundred percent up to her... well, for those of you who actually know me, know that I don't like to leave things like love up to chance. I am, in a complete understatement, proactive in this pursuit. I knew that I seriously ticked her off with what I had done and I knew how I felt about it, so I went ahead and told her what I told of you and apologized. She acted like nothing was wrong and almost looked shocked by what I told her. Still, she in turn apologized as well and I felt like I had at least found some closure if nothing else. Either way, her response for me was unclear. I figured that at least there was no harsh or unkind words in the end.

If there is one thing that I am though, like I said, it is proactive and persistent. I heard that her favorite band was coming into town yesterday and so I decided that I would make it special for her. Our family has traditions and one of them is that when you are invited or decide to go to a concert of someone that know, you bring them flowers and tell them what a great job they did. Nevertheless, I don't know the band and I barely have started listening to their music... they are excellent by the way. They are like a Christian alternative band meets Jack Johnson in style or format of music but I like their lyrics much better than Jack's. Sorry Jack... no disrespect.

Anyways, I thought about what I could do and I figured that without invitation, going to the concert would be a poor move, but I could try something else.I decided that I would contact the
band, and through a couple email conversations I asked if they would do me a favor and dedicate a song to a very special girl by name. I told them how I felt about her. I told them how much she loved their music, that she owned all of their albums that they had released so far, that her own lyrics and music are inspired by theirs, and just how excited she is for their concert. In the end, I think it all worked out and surprisingly, I don't even care if she ever finds out that it was me that helped orchestrate it, because this is what she said:

Got up on stage with [him]. Sang with [him]. Got pics with [him]. Smelled him. Hugged him. Got his sig. Talked music with him. Heaven. Utter Heaven.


I think no matter what, I won't want to let her go but it is time to move on. I did my job and made my mark. She doesn't talk to me anymore, but I think this is the signal that my part is in this play is over and I can bow out and find someone that hopefully will be as crazy about me as I am about her. Until then, I am sure more epic stories and epic failures are to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Jordan,
    You are great. There just isn't anyone else like you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete