Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Fall Colors

I think I could have been named Tom after watching The 500 Days of Summer. I am from back east, New Hampshire, but I go to school in Utah, where I can only ever be home in the Summer and never the season I love, which is Autumn. The colors are absolutely breathtaking and when you are in the middle of it, it just feels right. It is the season where you really just feel alive...

All the things I love happen during Autumn. It is just the beginning of hot cocoa season. You can
wear sweatshirts and hoodies all the time. It is cold enough that you have your arms around someone, even if it is yourself, just to keep warm. The sounds and smells and colors of nature swim around you like the currents in the sea. You can't help but dive into it ever time you step outside. There just isn't anything like a New England Autumn.

If only I could go and find someone other than endless Summers waiting to greet me when I came home. If home is where the heart is, the older I get the more I think I have lost my way. Still, something inside me knows the feeling, knows it will come back around. And as long as you keep watching, the leaves will always change.

No comments:

Post a Comment