Sunday, May 2, 2010

What am I doing with my life?

Sometimes I just move. I don't know where to or why but I just feel like I got to go somewhere. If I knew what I was doing that would be nice too but why ask questions, ya know? I am just spontaneous with myself, even I don't know what I am doing or what my plan is. It is funny though because I find myself surprisingly comfortable with it. I try and do things but they seem to just need patience. The girl I like won't have me, yet. The job I am trying to finalize, waiting for a response. School is going to start, in August. So what do I do? Beats the heck out of me.

I figure, if I take things one step at a time and make sure that I don't make too many mistakes that I have to retrace, then by being patient now, I will get where i need to be, when I am supposed to be there. So what can I do with my life... enjoy the moment. Take it all in. Laugh more. Just have fun and work hard. Work hard, play hard. Things have worked out that way so far.


When it comes to school. I am glad the last semester is over. It was fun and I met a lot of amazing people, did well in my classes, but I am glad the stress is gone. I think that a break will be good. But since this blog is mostly for me, I think that life is amazing. When I am least expecting it and as long as I have my eyes open for it, I find opportunities for God to use me. I met the most amazing boy on the plane a couple of days ago. He was scared and excited. He was going to go check out colleges and he sure had his head on his shoulders but still he didn't know what he was doing. It was interesting to see him talk about what he wanted to major in, talk about his school, family, sports, but in all reality I could see that he didn't really know who he was or what he was doing with his life.



I know because of the restored gospel who I really am, why I am here, where I am going, and how to get there. The real important things in life have nothing to do with money, occupation, how big your house is, or how much money you make. It is who you really are and what you have become from the choices that you have made, as a person. The type of person you are is so important. I have found those things and as I explained how simple our message of Jesus Christ really is, I think I made a true influence on this boy.

He really listened. He had that light in his eyes and felt it. It is something I wish I could explain... like seeing into his eyes and watching a pile of coals slowly stir, because you see the gospel is not something new to us. It is a fire that has always burned inside us, but it is something that needs to be stoked back into life. It is something that needs to be revived. He felt my spirit and the Spirit that was with me. He accepted my invitation and I pray that he will follow through. This is not something that happens by chance. I believe that we knew in the life before this one that this would happen.

We as people are brought together and as we bump into one another along our lives, these collisions will speed us up and slow us down, sometimes pushing us off course. But then we have those moments where we again redirect ourselves. I feel like that as long as I am doing what I should and trying my best, striving to be better every day, I will be able to accomplish the Lord's will. I need more of the Lord in my life. I need to read more, pray more, and if I do just those simple things, I may finally be complete. I might find what and who I am looking for. Or maybe they will find me. I dunno really because what do I know... with what I am doing in "my life"?

No comments:

Post a Comment