Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fool's Gold

I have realized like most that there is no such thing as the perfect person, or the perfect woman for that matter. There are always shortcomings, insecurities, weaknesses, problems, but that is only one side of the coin. There is a whole other side to a person as well and when we are willing to accept a person in thier entirety and they accept us, we are golden. Then we can become the perfect person with their help. The cost of love is not as important as the value. We continue to look and search and hunt for that fool's gold. That person who we know is not really as good as they look, they still appear to look pretty dang good. We are looking for someone that could fool us into thinking they are truly golden. And it is not so much that, as it is that we are fools when we are in love. And it makes me think, if that is what I am looking for, how do I appear to other people? Am I good enough to be someone's golden boy or just a fool? I just wish I had known Kurt Lagner and had asked him what he meant when he said, "Love is a gift. You can't buy it, you can't find it, someone has to give it to you. Learn to be receptive to that gift." I guess a little patience and a little practice is in order, because how else are you to learn something than to practice it, ya know? I think I know so much but really I am just an inexperienced fool when it comes to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment