Sunday, May 23, 2010

Me... We... You

I have always wondered what it meant to find yourself. I think I finally understand what I have to do. It wasn't about me. It was about others. When we are striving to understand who we really are, we look too much at ourselves. I found that as we lose ourselves in sacrifice and service we find love and purpose in life. We start as children thinking only of ourselves. Our needs, our wants, and no one else. Then as we grow we see that we need other people and their approval. We need them. We need their love, attention, etc. And finally, we get to the point where we don't need ourselves at all. We have reached the point that the only thing that matters to us is others and their happiness. The trick to life is practice. Receiving inspiration, selflessness, everything... it all takes practice. It takes desire, being in the right place, at the right time. But most of all I need to just simply try and try again. Eventually we learn all that we needed to. For example, the lesson I learned today was simple. God is the source of all our happiness, our joy, our blessings. What we forget is that he is the source. We begin to believe that we found joy in our blessings. God gave us the blessings. God gave us the joy. There are people out there that have the same blessings you do but they do not have joy. God is the source, not the blessing itself. We get distracted from what we have, and forget where or who it came from. It is the same with people. Love comes from the sacrifice and willingness of others. It is someone. It is not the type of person that they are, nor the ways that you express it, but the person themselves. The fact that you would do anything for them. This all comes from losing oneself. It is not about me or even we. It isn't selfish or self-full. It is learning to become selfless. If I want to find out more about me, then I need to spend a little more time loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment