Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Paths to Walk and Treasures to Find

This last week was interesting. I was busy working both jobs and watching my roommate's house until it sells. We have had a lot of looks which is great but an offer would be nice. It would be a huge blessing for him and it would give him a lot of freedom to pursue what he wants when he graduates this next year. Other than that, I had a picnic with a friend, went to the zoo with my work, and I also did a few geocaches. Geocaching is a hobby of mine that I started with a few of my roommates.

It is like real life treasure hunting. You use GPS coordinates to find hidden log sheets anywhere in the world and sometimes there are little exchangeable items that you switch out. Sometimes there are puzzle caches, multi-caches with multiple locations that you have to find before you find the log book, and other times the whole thing is virtual almost like a trivial pursuit game. The first time I saw someone geocaching I was in Estonia. My cousin, one of the younger boys, ran behind a sign and pulled out a small film canister and popped the cap to find a log book and a little G.I. Joe figurine. I was completely curious about how he knew where it was, how it was hidden, and what geocaching was. It was amazing! Now I have a goal to find my 100th geocache when my MBA program goes to Japan in October.

Whether I am looking for hidden treasure or hidden memories, I am continuing to navigate on to my next adventure. I love to travel. It is one of my biggest passions in life. The reason I like to move and travel as much as I do is not just because the world is a big place and there is so much to see but because I am curious. I ask questions, I look at things from different perspectives and so I like to try and understand different cultures. I also have a big heart and I like to move because I find myself leaving pieces of it all over the place. I love easily and I care a lot. It doesn't hurt to get your heartbroken. It hurts to find the pieces left on the ground behind the ones you love. So I like to move to different places. It helps me to move on.
"You don't have a choice if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you. I like my choices, I hope she likes hers."
I have lately been looking for a lot of good distractions. I am trying to go to all the Utah temples before I graduate. I am working on trying to find a great job after graduation outside of Utah. It's not that Utah is a bad place to live but it's more that so much has happened here and this chapter of my life feels as if it's finally coming to a close. When I go back to my old stomping grounds, I remember so many different things. I remember all the different emotions of more than 5 years of my life. There were the nights filled with laughs, smiles, inspiration, and adventure. I remember the friendships, the loves, the heart aches, and heartbreaks. There is so much of my life that is connected to this place but I am ready to find something new... New challenges, new loves, and new places to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment