Thursday, January 23, 2014

Happiness = Family

I love those moments where you think of something and it gives you hope. Sometimes I can be down on myself or the situations I find myself in and I really shouldn't. I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to. Some opportunities close and others present themselves. In the end, everything will be alright though. God has a plan. I felt that at the temple this week when I went and worshipped there with a new convert. We talked about the plan of Salvation and how true happiness and the real purpose of life is centered around the family and the relationships and bounds that we foster and grow there. It is hard not to smile when I see how my extended family and how my brother have continued to grow their families and the happiness that children not only find in the simple things in life but in each other. Their accomplishments and successes bring us joy. The fits they throw over the littlest things sometimes bring a hidden smile knowing the future.

Maybe that is what God does with me when I throw my fits in life. In the long run, those moments are so small they may not have even existed and yet we are so emotional because of the sacrifices and investments of emotion and time that we put into things and into people. Children love you unconditionally. How you love them back isn't as important as that they can love you in their eyes some times. It is trust. I want that. I want to love like that. I want to be loved like that. Some day I hope I will be lucky enough and the world will be prepared enough for me to have a family. Scary thought... Still, it is where happiness and love and security are learned when we are centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been richly blessed with the family I was born into and blessed to share in their successes and I share in their trials. We will continue to do it as we have always done... Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment