Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mutuality in Relationships

The next few thoughts are all going to be dating related.  Sometimes the thoughts will be from my experience and other times it will be from when my friends have had to talk to me about their own issues.  The problem I have with the whole thing is that you can learn from others mistakes and your own but the best recipe for success is just a good set of basic instructions.  The key to all of it is from what I can tell is mutuality.

The best part of early dating is the fact that you don't really know what the other person is thinking.  As a man, we are the ones that initiate and have to ask for the dates.  The only way that I can really tell if things are progressing is if my date is willing to make time to see me.  If she initiates conversation and contact both during the date and between dates.  It has been hard to find someone that has this kind of mutual interest and that in itself is a bit discouraging.  I have to be willing to be patient and see what happens.  I known plenty of girls I would love to date but again unless there is mutuality, I don't want to waste someone's time.  You can't create attraction or make someone else fall in love with you.  There needs to be something there.

An old friend of mine said that the thing she hates the most is to being hated by someone else.  Honestly, I can handle knowing that someone is upset with me or doesn't like me.  It drives me up the wall not knowing how someone else feels.  It frustrates me when I feel like I am being ignored.  I am not someone that you can come back to or use as a back up.  No one likes to feel that way.  The only way a relationship will work is if you decide to commit to a relationship.  Anything less is not a real relationship.  I am at a point in my life where I do not want to settle for something less.  It goes back to the way I was raised.  It is only illogical to settle for anything less than a relationship that will never end.  But that is really all that I want... Is for the person that is my best friend that I love to love me too.  We all have an innate need to want to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment