Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Soulmates

I was looking online at reviews for a book that I am planning on purchasing for Tatiana and I to read.  It was actually recommended to us from one of her family members.  It is called "300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage."  Seems like it is both appropriate and probably useful or insightful.  We will see once it finally arrives!  Anyways, this was one of the quotes I found from it online:

“It amazes me that people think their soul mate is going to show up in their life at this predestined time and be this flawless person. A true soul mate is a mirror of yourself, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. Sure, they have a common upbringing, similar interests but they have the one thing you don’t have which is the introspection to help you become great. What use is a soul mate if they can’t help free you from yourself so you can live your life mission?” Shannon L. Alder, 300 Questions Lds Couples Should Ask Before Marriage

Sounds pretty familiar to me... I think I will enjoy going through this book and when I finally do finish it I am sure that I will write something about it (review, opinion, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment