Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finally Found Her

So I haven't really been posting too much as of late for two major reasons. The first reason is kind of boring but pretty self-explanatory. My current class schedule consists of Heat Transfer and System Dynamics (Mechanical Engineering courses), Second Half of Doctrine & Covenants, Organic Chemistry, and Human Anatomy. If that isn't ridiculous then I don't know what is. The second reason is that I am currently in a relationship with an absolutely amazing woman.

I don't always like to write about relationships that I am currently in because I think of it almost as if that was bad karma... (knock on wood). But in this case, I feel like I almost have to talk about it. I honestly don't think I have met anyone quite like her. She feels like my other half. We have so much in common and the things that are unique or different between the two of us I love as well too. Our personalities are similar, our long-term goals are similar, and our interests are similar. When I hear her laugh, I just melt. When we kiss, it takes my breath away. She is touchy-feely just like I am. But we also respect one another, listen and talk openly with one another. I have never communicated so well with someone. For being forced to be grow up and be mature at such an early age, she also is so goofy that I just can't help but smile when I think about her. The things that happen when we are with together are so unpredictable and spontaneous that they can only be described as interesting. It's almost hard to believe how happy she makes me.

And the amazing thing is the miracles that have been happening to help this whole thing come to pass. If I think about these last semesters, I had to move out of my old apartment that I liked, find somewhere new to live at the last minute, have specific people also living in my ward, both of us choosing to go to meetings at the last minute that we weren't sure we would attend, all so we could get introduced to each other. Plus this is the first experience that I have had where timing was actually in my favor! If I hadn't taken the classes I did, I wouldn't have been able to help her how I have so far in trying to get her accepted into BYU next November. Then when my internships weren't really coming together for this summer, this realization came that since I was working for my previous employer, I might be able to schedule some time to go across the world to see her. She is leaving to go home in about a month so I hope that the feelings which we have for each other now are just as strong, if not stronger, when she gets ready to leave. The distance will be a good measure of where we are at. But the real miracle is that I am not worried about it at all. I never truly worry or doubt, or am afraid of where this is going because it is mutual and it just feels right.

To put it as simply as possible, I will just quote my dad, "Why did you have to fall in love with someone that lives on the other side of the world?" And I think my dad is completely right... I have fallen for my Australian girl. I guess the long and short of this whole post is... all parts of my life are kind of not where I expected them to be, but at the same point in time, I like where it is all going. I will just have to keep you all posted.

1 comment:

  1. yay! can't wait to meet her at the family reunion in July!!! ;) love you cuz!

    ReplyDelete