Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween


I am typically all for any holiday, especially the ones where you are rewarded for doing nothing with chocolate. But I have one problem with Halloween... and it is kinda a big one. I don't like the costume. I don't like the dressing up. Most people have been wearing a mask all year and this is the day where it is socially acceptable. Not a fan. Stupid reason I know... but it is a personal thing. I'm all for decorations, corn mazes, parties and other get-togethers, but not the costumes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jordan you are so deep! The costume is probably one of the most essential parts of halloween but I agree we all do wear masks throughout the year! I think something about halloween or even school themed dances gives people a reason to be their "normal" self and break out of their shells. It gives them an excuse to go crazy and then to later blame their actions on the circumstances.... We aren't doing much for halloween....last year we didn't get a single trick or treater and this year the weather ruins pumpkins ridiculously fast...Guess we'll just have to settle for the candy to help us celebrate! ;)

    ReplyDelete