Friday, March 11, 2011

Waking Up

Every once in a while, you have to take a risk. Every once in a while it seems like it is worth taking the chance. I have learned what it means to love a friend in more ways than one. I let her come inside. And she let me live a dream for a while, maybe a little too long. And I finally got to that point, like in any dream, where you have to decide to take the plunge and go for the impossible. I tried to fly to her, but she clipped my wings. She didn't take it away, she gave it back to me instead. I know that I loved her. I know that I lived my dreams for a while. It was an amazing journey and I treasure every moment of it. I just hope that she will be happy and I pray that everything will work out. I wish I could say that I made a mistake or something like that, but I can honestly say that I know and I feel that I was doing the right thing all along. I followed my head and my heart and when it came time to fall, I didn't fall... I leaped. I soared. Failing unlike falling is a choice to stop to quit to give up on things or people that meant something to you, but I can say that I was not and am not choosing to fail, because I am not afraid to fall. This time the fall was like getting kicked in the chest, but I asked for it. So give me sometime to catch my breath. I will be alright. Love is a dream and like life, waking up can sometimes be the hardest part of the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment