Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life is like a Library

You ever have places where you just feel at home? A place where you can go to collect your thoughts and your feelings? For me a library is such a place. It is filled with information, opinions, people of the past and the present and all their experiences. These books are memories, and being memories are windows to them. My life is much the same. But I have not read every book or read every author. I would want to. There would be so much to gain!

In my life, I can see these "books." Many of which are just beginning and some have passed on but I enjoy to picking them up and rereading them. To see where I have been opens a vision to who I have become and who I can yet be. But again, like any book, some you can start reading and see that you will not be able to finish it. It doesn't capture your imagination, involve you into the story, doesn't incite a deeper way of thinking, whatever it is, it just doesn't do it for you. And then there are the classics... the books you just can't put down, ones you want to reread over and over and over again. It is a treasure to find such a read. But people are like books in a library, you do not own them. And if you don't spend enough time you may not be able to get to the ending before it is time. And then they are gone.



It won't matter if it is a classic or if it is a book that turns into a pillow by page four. People move on. So what I am saying is become captivated by those in your life. Be involved. Be in every page of their life, savor every word, every moment. Be someone worth remembering. Become a memory. There is a wonderful phrase within the scriptures and it is, look and live. Well, in this context I say love and live. The people I remember the most, I loved the most. Every moment felt like it would last for a lifetime. Do not give it up because if you wait you may lose it and then it will be gone. Some live in the past and forget their present, so their future fades and they become a thing of the past. So live now. Learn to love and you will have learned to live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment