Sunday, December 6, 2009

Walk Cycle

The very last project I have in my animation class is a walk cycle. To begin, I worked on this over Thanksgiving break, so I worked on it for a long time. And when I did do it, it turned out something like this... Walking to the Gym is the first draft.


So my professor's response was less than what I wanted to hear or expected. I had a two day deadline and she said it was too realistic. There would be too many things I would need to change to make it polished. The head was moving in a circle, the proportions were a little off, and the list would go on and on. At first I was discouraged. She was basically saying, good try but it is too difficult. Start over. So what did I do... jumped back up on that bucking bronco more determined and got to work. The result was called Self-Conscious Nude Beaches.


Well, I had a little more time on my hand, and since I don't like nudity... I decided to give the poor sap some clothes. And since, he had my original mood from when I was told to start over, I thought I would dress him like me. Here is my final version of The Mopey Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment